Certificate of Undergraduate Study (CUGS) in Entrepreneurial and Independent Media
This 12-credit certificate prepares students to launch their own media ventures through combination of courses from Journalism, the College of Business, Communication Studies, Writing Arts, and Radio Television and Film.
Requirements (9 s.h.)
Students must take three required courses. Prerequisites are in parentheses ( ).
- JRN 02365 Introduction to Entrepreneurial Media (CCI)
- JRN 02366 Media Metrics and Analytics (CCI)
- ENT 06240 Entrepreneurship and Innovation (30 s.h.)
Elective (3 s.h.)
In addition, students choose one of the following courses.
- RTF 03295 Introduction to New Media (CCI)
- CMS 04317 Digital Communities (Public Speaking)
- JRN 02321 Online Journalism I (Journalism Principles and Practices
Intro to New Media or Basic Public Relations Writing)
- MKT 09200 Principles of Marketing
- ENT 06342 Financing and Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship (60 s.h., Entrepreneurship and Innovation, or Permission of Instructor)
- WA 01356 Self-Publishing (CCII)
To sign up, email your name, Banner ID#, and the name of the CUGS to Evelyn Rivera at riverae @ rowan.edu